Web logs, or “blogs,” is not just a diary of thoughts, observations or opinions limited to topics in politics and web development. Blogs is an avenue to engage readers and potential customers of small and medium enterprises.
A blog is defined as :
“Blog” is simply an abbreviated way to say “Web log.” It’s a journal posted on a Web site, updated on a regular basis and containing news, opinions, ideas and brainstorms, plus links to other sources of information, other Web sites and other blogs.
There are 5 ways blogging can help your business
1. Expose a new or little-known product or idea.
2. Improve your search engine rankings.
3. Position yourself as an expert in an industry or field.
4. Influence public opinion.
5. Engage in a forum openly with your customers.
WordPress is the most common software for blogs. WordPress, of course, is the most popular self-hosted blogging platform utilized by independent writers. But choosing a good webhost is another consideration. A [tag]blog hosting plan[/tag] should include room for expansion but at the start, you don’t need all that space. Hence at the Protagonist [tag]Webhosting[/tag], the starter blog plan is 25 MB and 1 GB bandwidth. If the space and bandwidth needs to be increased, an upgrade to the next plan is painless and pro-rated if advanced payment has been made.
So whether you are blogging for business or pleasure, just order a [tag]wordpress blog hosting[/tag] plan at the Protagonist Webhosting Solutions
Best Overall Designs
The WordPress 2.0 Theme Competition Winners:
1st Place – Durable by Andy Peatling
2nd Place – Kurtina by Gail Dela Cruz
3rd Place – Ambiru theme by Phu Ly
check out the other winners
It’s time you broke the mold. Canvas brings the freedom to express yourself through design without needing to know CSS or PHP. With Canvas and Ink for WordPress, you can easily rearrange, reconfigure, and colorize your entire blog without ever touching a line of code.
Take a sneak peak. The themes must be compatible with Canvas, which comes with a Canvas-version of the Kiwi theme.
Problogger: Drupal 4.7.0 released
Drupal (a blogging platform) 4.7.0 has been released. New features include:
* Multiple Block Regions: Were you feeling constrained by only two choices for block placement? You can now dynamically specify as many block placement locations as you want.
* ‘Offline for Maintenance’ Configuration: You can now easily configure your site to display a friendly notice to visitors when you have to take down your site for maintenance.
* Free Tagging Support: Free tagging functionality is now built into the taxonomy system.
* Site-Wide Contact Form: You can now easily enable a contact form page that will let you easily collect feedback from your site visitors.
* Author Information Block: There is now a block you can enable that will display author information alongside posts.
* Public/Private Profile Fields: You can now specify permissions for profiles on a per-field basis.
* Block by IPs/Hostname: It is now possible to block users by their IP address or Hostnames. Good bye trolls!
* Aggregator now Supports Atom: It is now finally possible to aggregate Atom formatted feeds like those created by Blogger.
* Aggregator Generates RSS Feeds: It’s now easier than ever to use Drupal to power ‘Planet’ like sites.
* RSS Feed Settings You can now configure how much content and how many items to publish in your RSS feed.
* Better Search Index: The search module indexer is now smarter and more robust
* Advanced Search Operators: You can now search by advanced search operators (e.g. phrase, node type, etc.)
* Custom Search Results Ranking: The search module now lets you weight search results by keyword relevance, date of post, number of comments, and number of views.
Read more in here.
YShout is a lightweight package that allows you to add a shout box to your website. It is standards compliant, non-intrusive, and utilizes AJAX. YShout utilizes simple text files to keep track of chats, so there’s no need for a hefty database! To use YShout, all you need is a webserver that supports PHP.
Click this to view a HUGE list of free wordpress themes for wordpress 1.5 and wordpress 2.0+ bloggers looking to customize the design of their blog from the default template. Although it’s a valuable resource, thumbnails or a preview of each of the themes will make browsing easier. The K2 theme is one of the best wordpress themes out there. And for those who want to monetize their blogs, the MW theme is your ideal wordpress theme. It’s the theme that BLOGGED uses.